I'm excited about the Spring Wellness Academy Classes beginning soon. Officially they will start February 4th, but some of them are ongoing. We'll have offerings in Bollywood Dance, Track Fitness, Heartfulness Meditation, CrossFit, Beginning and Intermediate Swim, South Indian Cultural Class and Needlework. Here's a "view only" glimpse. These will be open for sign up beginning at 8:00 tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
Some of you might be challenging yourselves to increase your level of fitness. I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices that starting a new exercise "routine," and sticking to it are difficult to do. Doing something that's actually kind of hard (because muscles are stretching and scarring) is not the easiest thing to embrace. But I read that there's a big difference to be had between seeing yourself as someone who does exercise vs. seeing yourself as someone who is a regular exerciser. In other words, if you want to change something, think of yourself as someone who already exhibits that change, giving yourself, and not the desire, more agency.
No surprise that there are unlimited tips online for being that healthier self (this is big business). However, here are some that I like, in no particular order (except for the first one, which is Put Yourself First, which by definition, has to be first):
- Put yourself first.
- Develop a 'move more' mindset (regular, everyday movement - like using the stairs).
- Find your favorite exercise - also do you prefer to exercise alone, in a group, or with a partner?
- Focus on health and strength, not numbers on a scale.
- Be future focused, not on regret.
- Remind yourself of the Whys.
Want something cultural and beautiful to do this long weekend?
Look at the workshops and talks at the India Quilt Festival. https://www.indiaquiltfestival.com/workshops
Some of our own people have quilts in this show!

No comments:
Post a Comment