Tuesday, October 30, 2018

from The Exact Amount of Time You Should Work Every Day




I hope you had a great afternoon last Wednesday. Several people commented on its timeliness. 

Thank you so much to all of you who offered a class or activity, I appreciate you.

Some WELLNESS AFTERNOON pics:
2018 Fall Faculty - Staff Indoor Soccer Tournament
Mehndi
Paper Decorations
I will start with the caveat that I don't think Wellness should be tied at all to productivity. But they always seem to effect each other in one way or another. For me, the more efficient I am with my work, and the more productive I can be, means I have more time for taking care of myself. I  this this article, The Exact Amount of Time You Should Work Every Day, applies to educators as well as students. There is a ton of evidence now that taking frequent breaks makes us more productive (being productive means we get our work done more quickly and with fewer errors). It may seem like common sense to apply this to our students, but it turns out it's good for all types of humans. So try taking breaks, and when you're finished, you're finished (don't go looking for more work to do, instead, do something that you really like). Here's an excerpt:
"Turns out, the secret to retaining the highest level of productivity over the span of a workday is not working longer–but working smarter with frequent breaks... . Employees with the highest levels of productivity worked for 52 minutes with intense purpose, then rested up, allowing their brains time to rejuvenate and prepare for the next work period.
The...study highlights what researchers have been saying for years–that our brains simply weren’t built to focus for eight-full hours a day. 'The best way to refresh your focus is to step away and take a break.'"

Image result for loopSTAYING IN THE LOOP



CLIMB ON! -  Shez is keeping the climbing gym open for non-committal "drop ins" on Thursdays, beginning NOVEMBER 8th.


6th Annual Christmas Sing-a-Long

Sunday, Dec. 2; 3:00 - 6:00 (and beyond!) 


Who: YOU!! ….. NO musical ability required!!! However, we will have word sheets and music sheets to help you join in, if you like!

Why: To share good friendship and music!! This is meant to be ALL-inclusive and we hope you ALL will feel WELCOME!!!

Please bring a snack or dessert for the dessert table or something to drink for the drinks table!

Bring your musical instrument, your voice, or just your ears.

We hope you will join in at the level which you feel comfortable!

Where: Kay and Andrew’s Place:

10 Seashell Ave; Akkarai; South of the OMR / ECR Link road;
First left past “Shop in a Park” ; 87545-95183 (Kay)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog

Goodbye for Now